Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wine Recommendations

I know that each year can be different from the next, but with these recommendations I'm primarily focusing on the type of wine and the winery. It skews heavily to chards and petite syrahs, our favorites, but I'll add other great choices as I come across them.

Red Diamond Chardonnay-- buttery, without the oak tones I frequently find unpleasant in chardonnays.

Edna Valley Chardonnay-- another superb chardonnay, a bit pricier than the Red Diamond, but an excellent bottle for under $15.

Huntington Petite Syrah-- silky with a little zip. I want a second glass as soon as I finish the first. Great finish.

Bogle Petite Syrah-- the equal of the Huntington Petite Syrah. Both wines feel great on the tongue.

Gnarlyhead Old Vine Zinfandel-- A big, bold zin with lots of round fruity flavor. If I want something drier than this I steer toward a malbec, but this is an excellent choice for red wine lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment